The approved rate for the recovery of expenses and charges from prospective consumers for taking electric supply is called Cost Data Book. this cost is effective from 08-July-2019 and applicable for all the distribution licensees of Uttar Pradesh. It is very clearly mentioned that in case of any inconsistency between the Cost Data Book and Electricity Supply Code, the cost data book shall prevail.
Charges for Electric Connection
- Processing Fee
- Security Deposit
- Line Charges
- Meter cost and its equipment cost
- 18% GST (Except Security Deposit)
- UPERC exempts system loading charges this time.
- Security deposit is now average bill of 45 days. Earlier, it was 60 days
- Single phase PTW connection up to 7 HP is allowed now.