Dear Sir, What is Arrear Component charge in Bill..
Net payable amount of an electricity bill is a summation of
- Previous Dues, called Arrear
- Current Month's Bill
- Late Payment Surcharge on Arrear, called Current component of late payment surcharge
- Principal Amount of electricity bill
- Surcharge (Interest) amount, called Arrear component of late payment surcharge
Let's try to understand it with a typical example.
Suppose a consumer is having
1. Fixed monthly bill of amount Rs. 1000/-
2. The late payment surcharge rate is 2%
and he didn't pay the electricity bill for 7 months.
His net payable amount will be Rs. 7420/-
- Previous Dues = 6300
- Pricipal Arrear = 6000
- Arrear component of LPSC = 300
- Current Month's Bill = 1120
- Current Principal amount = 1000
- Current component of LPSC = 120
kajal verma · 19-Dec-19 · 05:12 AM
Member · 5