Actually, DISCOM stands for Distribution Companies.
The power sector is categorized into three sections:
- Generation- They generate power by installing the generators.
- Transmission- They get electricity from the generation unit and provides it to the distribution section.
- Distribution- They get electricity from the transmission and manages the further network and distribute the electricity to the consumers. Further accepts payment in terms of electricity bill
- Genco - Generation Companies, Like NHPC, NTPC, Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited
- Transco - Transmission Companies, Like PGCIL, UPPTCL
- Discom - Distribution Companies, Like PVVNL, MVVNL, NDPCL
I wondered for the above reason, why distribution companies were not abbreviated as Disco as transmission and generation companies were named Genco and Transco. Probably, they don't want to get companies misunderstood. Gencom and Transcom could be a better option to sound similar.
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited is ready to provide the new electricity connection within 10 days. Yes, applicants may apply a new e...
Dec 14, 2019 - 10:12
We are all surrounded by electrical products in our day to day lives. it could be phone chargers, extension cables or power outlets All this...
Dec 15, 2019 - 04:12
Analyze the pattern of a postpaid electricity bill. It is generated after one month's consumption. it is having 14 days due date period and ...
Dec 17, 2019 - 04:12